Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday morning begs the question -

- where did the weekend go??? - It always amazes me that when Monday rolls around I look back and think "that two day break went really quick." I guess it is a metaphor for life - speeding by like a locomotive out of control and then the rides over - your ticket is punched and you get off. Now that is pretty dreary for so early in the week - wouldn't you say!

Dale, Rico and I rode around on Saturday morning all over the Sunset District with a list of Garage Sales - and it was quite a bust - at least for me - Rico lucked into an estate sale that had some Day of the Dead accoutrement so he snapped that stuff up - and Dale can always find something to buy and he loaded up - I came away with one tiny little print in a great little frame from around 1915-1920 or so - I'll post a snap tomorrow
- why I didn't get one for today I just don't know -

I did a ton of stitching but it was all for exchanges so there is not a snippet of a snappit! But those will come at some point never fear. We also had to make a run to the craft store because no matter how many DMC colours I have I always seem to not have some crucial one that I need and can't do without - now what's up with that!! Is it just me or what!

Now I'll let you in on a not so secret - secret - I am not a real cookie fan - except for shortbread - and the other day at the store Rico picked up what to us is a new cookie - well no matter -he got'em he can eat'em!! They are are "Fudgies" by Nabisco -



I was sniffing around in the kitchen on Saturday evening and thought let me try one of those suckers - and they were pretty damn good!!! This odd cookie is a long Oreo cookie with a chocolate filling - but the cookie part is a tad thinner and crisper than an Oreo (a cookie I really do not care for) and the filling is a milk chocolate and NOT dark chocolate - and they are STILL good - If you need a recommendation then here is one - try 'em you like'em!!!

As you know Rico is the green thumb at our house and he really enjoys orchids - There is one plant that he got a few years ago that blooms every now an then and it is in bloom right now and is simply beautiful - here are a couple of snaps -



that is really close to the colour and here is a close up of the actual flowers -

This second one makes them look really red and they are darker than that - most of the time it is a pretty ugly little plant and looks half dead to me but when it throws out these spikes of lovely I guess it is worth it!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the DMC thing...never fails, I'm always missing one! You'd think they could print more patterns with the colors that I have 20skeins of, lol ;)

    I love cookies...so it's probably a good thing that I don't care to bake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with DMC - and I have dupes of most of the colours I stitch most with, but it never seems to be one of those I need...

    Fortunately, there is a little craft shop 300 yards from where I live which carries DMC. It wasn't a factor in deciding to move here, honest ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious post, from the kookie cookies to the spooky looking flowers to the dark ruminations over having our tickets punched! The only thing worse than having our ticket punched prematurely, in my opinion, is the know-nothings who will come along and throw out all our stash! I'm haunting anyone who does that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ain't it the truth re: DMC? I have so many skeins, but never the crucial one I'm looking for!

    Those orchids are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah come on - you've always tempted me with your stitching stash, but now cookies too??? No fair!!! :)
    I always have the DMC color "issue" too - you'd think a lady w/ "supposedly" every color would never run out - but there always seems to be that "one" necessary color w/ no close match! grrr.... :(
    Love the orchids too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not just you! I can't tell you how many times I've had to buy a single skein of DMC, even though I'm positive I have it somewhere! I swear there's an evil gnome somewhere ROFL'ing in a pile of my thread!

    I have passed the "I Love Your Blog" award on to you! I don't remember how I found your blog, but it's been a delight getting to know you and seeing all your wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...