Thursday, September 4, 2008

Working in the woodland -

Since I am so at a loose end about what to work on stitching wise - I joined Vonna's super MMIRR - and have totally obsessed about it for the past few days. To the point of having it all over my desk at work - now that is bad!! I think I have come up with the basic idea - "Winter Woodland" and since I like to work within very defined borders (color within the lines kind of crazy!!) I have been working out what would be a nice border. I also like repetitiveness so I have taken a bit piece from PS Winter Samplers and expanded it into a border of pine cones. The corners will all terminate with a square from PS's Button up.
Here is the rough sketch of the layout -


and here is a snap of a piece of the border and the squares -


I am not sure yet if the top bar will be the same as the other three - I am still working on that. I had so many ideas about this project that it was turning into the size of a tablecloth.

I worked on an exchange last night so no snap of that - I also worked some on VoHRH and here is a snap how the sign is coming along -

I am almost there with this square and VoHRH will be half finished.

Thank you all for the kind words about Carol's RR - it was lots of fun to work on!!

Thanks also for stopping by, I really appreciate it!!!
Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Your plans look great, and so does your VoHRH!

    I know you're a fan of NPI silks, so here's a lead: Heartland Needleworks (http://heartlandneedleworks.com/news.html) is having a great sale. And there's no charge for shipping in the continental US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--I'm picturing you laboring over your office copier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your MMIRR is going to look so fabulous!! I love the idea of a PS neighbourhood. Well, perhaps I'll do one next round :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh the office copier. I dream of the days when I had access to one of those (and the postal meter too!!) Alright, enough of that or the FBI will trace this back to my house.
    What plans! So well thought out. I've never done a "re-design" like this and I am fascinated by the method of plotting it out. This might be one of my future ventures.
    As for PS charts...what ones do you need? I have nearly all of them and a great source in Belgium to get whatever I don't have.E-mail me (you know, that FBI thing again).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great fun watching you put your MMIRR together, Edgar. I'll have to live vicariously through you on this project as some other things are having to come first. Oh it's so tempting tho!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I like your plans alot. I am not takiing part in this RR. Would not have the time to devote to it, but I sure am going to enjoy watching the buliding process.

    I think there are going to be some GREAT ideas :)

    So how is the free time feeiling?
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first visit to your site, and your VoHRH is lovely! I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    - Kit
    http://cloveronthefog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this will be so much fun to watch it come together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging by the rest of your stitching, this is bound to be a fantastic neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in Vonna's well is RR the right word as well. Looking forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...