Thursday, February 12, 2009

A RAK and a couple of films.

Yesterday's mail brought a wonderful RAK from Aubree.


That was so sweet of her - she included a kit to make a fob and a great chart from The Sampler Girl. Thank you so much!!!

Last night I was stitching away on another exchange piece - that I hope to get out on Tuesday. Toady I am mailing out the Mailart Exchange - I am sending it out a few days early as it has long way to go - I am concerned as I have never sent a piece without being in some sort of box or wrapped up. I am sure it will be fine and I have snaps - fingers crossed!!

Yesterday I asked about a translation for Le Jardin, Anna came up with almost exactly what I thought it was - my French is not as good as it used to be since I hardly ever use it anymore and I didn't think I had it just right - Thank you so much Anna!!!

The flickers last night were "Tunes of Glory" - 1960 a real tour de force ensemble piece headed up by Alec Guinness and John Mills. This was followed by "National Velvet" 1944 - One of the best Horsey Films out there!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I don't remember 'Tunes of Glory', but with those two in it it must be good. I'll have to watch for it. Hope your Mailart goes well, keep us informed (my mail people didn't like the idea of it...but they are all past 100 years old and not very open to newness LOL.)

    Edgar, you have a special award awaiting you at Dragon My Needle. Hope you'll pop by soon to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edgar! I love your blog - been secretly following it for a while but always had trouble posting comments. I finally started my own blog and now it's working much better. You've been an inspiration and I love the things you stitch. In fact, it was on your blog that I first saw Noah's Webster - I stitched it and love it. I'm now considering Lo as well - have the book - just need to do it. Have a great week and a terrific weekend!
    Peace,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...