Thursday, March 12, 2009

Winter Quaker Arrives

I heard form Cari this morning that the Winter Quaker exchange that I sent her has arrived and she is pleased. I really enjoyed stitching this up and here is a snap of the entire exchange

I totally lifted this snap from Cari's Blog as I couldn't find the snaps I took - I am such a flake sometimes!!! - but you get the idea - the pattern was a free chart that I modified using HDF silks on 32 ct linen - I sent along the new stocking for January from BBD from Cari's wish list and got together the floss' that the patterns called for.

Here aresome Quilty snaps for today -

I am such a dog fan - I just loved this one of a big black dog!!


There was a whole section of children's classroom project quilts - this was a project to use the child's favorite book and each one opens with writing about why that book was important.


This one was also a classroom project - using the theme of California Missions -


Another beautiful star quilt.


The flicker last night was "The Boy in Striped Pajamas" - 2008 - a powerful movie about friendship in spite of horrific surroundings. Very good from beginning to end.

I am super busy today so keeping it short!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Edgar,

    Your pynkeepe for Cari is gorgeous.. love the little pop of red!

    The quilt pictures you have been sharing all week are beautiful as well. It's nice to see all of the hardwork that goes into that craft as well to such lovely results. I'm in love with the last snap you had yesterday. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful exchange. That pinkeep is so lovely. That little red bird finishes it off so perfect.

    Lovely quilts as well. I had a dog who looked just like the dog on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog everyday! I absolutely love the pinkeep you made...the little touch of red just "makes" it! I have also enjoyed your quilt photos this week...when I take a break from cross-stitch I quilt sometimes - I love the whole process - selecting the colors and pattern and piecing the quilt...just don't like to actual quilting part - I send them to a quilt shop that does machine quilting! thanks for your interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great exchange Edgar. The pinkeep is just the thing.

    Warm Hugs
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely Winter Quaker Exchange. I love your color choices.
    Those quilts are so beautiful. I have enjoyed you sharing the photos with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting use of color in the Quaker piece. I'm loving the quilts too. I particularly like the 'Missions' -- I've been to all of them -- have you? Makes a nice driving trip to visit several over a long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous quilts, and the pinkeep is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pinkeep you stitched, Edgar. It's so wonderful. And the extras are pretty darn great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool exchange Edgar! Love the added red :) is the freebie online anywhere??

    I've really been enjoying the quilt pictures! There's a quilt exhibit coming to Bellevue, I think it opens at the end of this month. A few of us gf's are planning on going .. wonder if it's the same showing??

    ahhhh, didn't know that Boy in the Striped PJ's was out already .. I really wanted to see it when it was in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great exchange Edgar. Love the pin-keep, love the quilts too!

    Vee
    http://brokenneedle.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, this pinkeep for Cari looks so beautiful. What a wonderful exchange you put together for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Quaker pinkeep! I love the colors and that little shot of red in it...so very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...