Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mailing today - two RR's


I am getting both - Hannah's Halloween RR out to Terry and the finished QFRR of Rowyn's back home!! I am so happy to have a third piece from the RR finished and winging its way back home. There was a time when I thought that might not happen - but with everyone pitching in and Sweet Valerie filling in a stitching spot it is all working out great!!! Here is a rather dark shot (it was late when I finished) of Rowyn's really lovely piece -

Rowyn chose a NN floss called Bali Hai and it is stitched on a cream linen - and is just gorgeous!!! The secondary colour is a DMC blue. Now there are only three out there left to get finished up and that should happen in the next month or so!! Yea for our little group!!!!!

Last night the flicks where - two Netflix films - the first was a musical that I had never heard of - "It Happened in Brooklyn" - 1947 starring Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durante, Kathryn Grayson, Peter Lawford and in a bit part the really wonderful Gloria Grahame. A nice film with some great music - if you like Frank and like musicals you should really check this one out - I was totally surprised!!! The second flick was "Varian's War" - 2001 - a true story brought to the small screen and starring William Hurt, Julia Ormond and Lynn Redgrave. A WWII story about an American, Varian Fry, who helps get refugee Jewish artists and intellectuals out of Marseilles and to America - he saves about 2000 people over a two year period before America enters the war. A moving story that I had never heard. Proving that a single person can change history and make a difference!! Some of the more notable people he saved were Marc Chagall, Max Ernest, Hannah Arendt and Jacques Lipchitz. The pacing was very good and the two hour movie just flew by.

Thanks for stopping by - I will not be here tomorrow so Blogging - I'll see you on Monday......



Have a great Easter!!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Edgar! I love Rowyn's RR. You got that stitched up so fast! I'm sure she'll be happy once it's home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful Easter, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were quick Edgar! I love it, thank you so much for stitching on it.

    Thank you also for organising this RR with all it's ups and downs, and finding a wonderful replacement stitcher (Valerie).

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief Edgar! I'm so far behind, I tell ya, go to disney, death in the family and now my Momma, I can't catch a break!
    Hope you have a great Easter!
    Donna
    ps:slow down speedy stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rowyn's RR is gorgeous. I know you have had lots of headaches and heartaches with this RR but this piece must warm your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Edgar and Rico!
    Wow Rowyn's RR is stunning - she is going to be over the moon when this returns home. I saw an update of yours over on Valerie's blog - it's looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty, Edgar! And so decent of you to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Rowyn's RR is just gorgeous. It's stitched with a great colour and the motifs are so perfectly assembled.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...