Friday, June 26, 2009

A Ornie Arrives and Answering a Question

Becky let me know that the Ornament that I made her had arrived. Here is a snap -

It is by Ewe and Eye and Friends called "Christmas Spot Sampler." It is stitched on 32 ct linen using the recommended floss'. As I told Becky the min I saw this last year I knew I wanted to stitch it up for her. I really like the way this turned out and need to make one for my tree - but goodness only knows when I will get the time.

Once again my stitching last night was focused on Christmas Prezzies.

Margaret ask yesterday about RR's (Round Robin's) - I remember when I first jumped into this cyber world of stitching and was a total newbie trying to figure everything out. Sometimes you just gotta ask - and I certainly don't mind answering - because knowledge is power!!!! In my pea sized brain I understand a RR this way - there is a leader who either thinks up a theme/topic and decides on the number of stitchers to include. Then the leader will instigate the RR by emailing and inviting specific stitchers or make a blanket announcement/invitation via a blog to see who might be interested. It is at the discretion of the leader who joins or not as there are some real horror stories out there regarding RR's and the multitudinous problems that arise. A major consideration when getting a group together is individual participant reliability - in stitching, in mailing, in posting. After getting together your group - the leader would set up or already have set up a Blog so the the group can post their progress and let each other know when something is mailed. It is the leaders responsibility to keep up with or know basically where the pieces are as they travel about from stitcher to stitcher. The Blog for the RR is also a great place to put the mailing dates so that everything runs smoothly. Things happen to all of us so I always try and stay a flexible as possible and not stress too much. That's about all there is to it - I think RR's are great - and yes I have been burned but I will continue to participate if asked and I can work it in. Hope that helps.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. I saw this ornament over on Becky's blog Edgar, it's gorgeous!

    Have you chosen a new theme for the QFRR group yet? You made a great job of leading QFRR despite the problem caused by 'you know who'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary of a RR was great - I have joined my first one this year and was burned - but decided to "restitch" and "re-enter" into the mailing cycle of this RR because of the bond I was feeling toward the other members as I stitched on theirs and communicated with them. That feeling was very new to me...to begin "friendships" with a group whom I have never met in person, only through cyber space.
    Are you going to start up a new RR?
    Lisa in CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ornie! Love the colors. Glad this QFRR worked out...starting my final rotation (Carol's) this weekend. Should go by fast. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty ornament! What a nice design. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love...the way you arranged the ribbon on that ornie for Becky. I wonder if I have what it takes to be a round robbin participant? I really don't know. I think I have enough confidence in my reliability to attempt one, but I don't think I'd swear on my life at gunpoint, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful explanation. Every time I start looking into RRs, I seem to find more 'bad egg' stories than good ones. How sad. It seems like RRs would be a lot of fun to participate in. I do hope you start up another. Don't let a bad experience sour the good ones! And if you do start up another one, keep me in mind. I'd love to partake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Christmas Spots finish, congrats. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the ornament...I left Becky a note on it, but of course HAVE to leave one on the stitchers blog as well!!! It is beautiful!! You do such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps...I love it when you drop names on your posts, gives me a bigger blgo reading pallett to work with!!! Keep it up! (Both blogging, and stitching!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made me want to put yet another item in my to-do pile!!haha...thanks for the lovely post/photo...I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Edgar, I received by wonderful PIF package yesterday and was so surprised and thrilled. I want to thank you so much for caring enough to take the time to stitch and finish the pinkeep for me. I love it, and all the goodies you sent. I'm soooo happy you allowed me to be one of your PIFers! Go check out my blog for pics of your gifts! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, such a sweet ornie! Beautiful job Edgar!
    ...and great explanation of an RR! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...