Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday once Again...

The weekend is over and here I am back to work. We had a very relaxing weekend. Not very much going on -

On Saturday we did the usual Estate/Garage/Second Hand Store thing - I think there are two great things to running around the city "shopping." The first is the time spent together - even if I don't find anything at all - it is great fun just looking at what is out there with Rico and Dale. The second thing would have to be getting to see areas of this 7x7 place that I wouldn't normally see. If you think about it we all stay pretty much in our comfort zones where we live - or at least I seem to - and I like seeing other places in this city by the bay. Our travels took us to a few different places and here is a snap of the treasures I picked up.

Starting form the top left - two mid 19th century Majolica plates - how could I pass them at $5 a piece when I know they can run into the 100's. Then there is my "new" Jack Skelington mug - you know I love that movie and I didn't have this mug. Then there is a the small 2 cup Brown Betty tea pot. A really old one and very heavy. The kitchen gadgets I got all for a couple of bucks. The funniest thing about one of them is I went out on Sat morning wanting a cherry stoner and found one along with the other gadgets. Over all a very productive day.


I thought you all need an update on the pidglettes - well they are up and stomping about...


They still have a very "vulture" look about them but overall very pigeony with little yellow pin feathers on their heads. And, here is our next clutch....

Now, my biggest concern is that the two first pidglettes came out of a single egg - if there are two in each of these eggs there will be four pidglettes in this window box - and it ain't that big a box!! Stink-eye the mama pigeon had flown off for a few mins and I got this snap. She doesn't often do this and I was surprised when she did take off revealing that there wasn't one but two eggs.

We picked up some more cherries and tried out the de-stoner thingie and it worked wonderfully well without my hands getting stained with juice.


The last batch I stoned with a knife and my fingers and my hands looked like I had been tearing away at someones throat they where so covered in dark red cherry juice.

I did get in quite a bit of stitching but it is all secret stitching for the moment so not snaps. I also am trying out an new framers on this side of the Bay - the little piece I took in will be ready next weekend so I will have a snap of that next Monday - hopefully.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful treasures you found! The majolica plates are gorgeous.

    Well it looks like the pidgeletts have finally grown into their beaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar, wow, those Majolica plates were a steal - and what gorgeous specimens they are! I'm surprised that anything in the San Fran area can be bought so cheaply. I think of the city as being a place where people are probably too "in the know" for there to be such finds. Shows how much I know. Thanks so much for following the pigeons. My husband is a real pigeon lover and it's very rare to find pictures of baby pigeons. He has enjoyed following your saga. What did you make with the cherries? I do so much enjoy your daily updates. You're one of my daily "must-reads", along with dooce.com and soulemama.com....always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What yummy looking cherries!

    Hey, you'll have to let me know if you like the framer you are trying out! Much closer than the other one. Can't wait to hear!

    Glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My finger tips are stained purple/red for the whole of cherry season. :)

    I'm so excited I'm going to an auction next Saturday and cross your fingers for me, I've got my eye on two curio cabinets. I'm hoping to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goodies this time and the cherries look yummy. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your skellington mug!

    And...mmmmm cherries. My tree doesn't make enough, so I still have to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely treaures you found as always!

    Please stop by my blog and see the July 17th post as there is something there for you!!
    http://stitchingkorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for showing us your treasures - a great find.
    The babies are not so much babies now - its been fun watching them grow so quickly.
    Thank you for sharing your world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now Appearing!!!
    The Pidgletts
    at
    E and R's Aviary...

    Coming Soon....
    The Pidgletts part deux...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Pidgies look so much better!! What a great collection from the local sales. I had a banner day at the flea market. If only I could get my computer to work properly, I'd post some photos on my blog. I think it needs a blast of the Stink Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great treasures you have found. The mug alone is fantastic. We all love Jack here too.
    Congratulations on the babies, they are so sweet, my husband and I had coops before and raised pigeons. They are just so sweet and good parents too.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...