Friday, December 10, 2010

Some Stash and a Flick

GR&DF thanks for stopping by and for yesterdays kind comments!! Now that the weekend is here I am totally ready for the two days off.

A few months back I decided to try and collect some OOP charts. It seems that so many designers are leaving or have left and the only way to acquire their work is on the secondary market - I felt that there was no time like now to get started. Over the past month or so I have focused my attentions on Sheepish Designs/Sheepish Antiques charts. Here are a few of the newest stash additions...

I really enjoyed stitching up "Garden Path" so it was only natural that I focus on the samplers from Sheepish. Yesterday the mail brought a chart I have been chasing for many months - the "Sarah E Pope" chart - this was a really hard one to get. This copy is really pristine - like never been stitched from. I still have a working list of pieces I am chasing, but getting Miss Sarah just made my whole day!!

I also wanted to mention a really terrific film that I get from Netflix and watched last night. "The Counterfeit Traitor"- 1962 - starring William Holden, Lilli Palmer, Hugh Griffith, Carl Raddatz and Ernst Schroder. I really enjoy Holden's work, "Picnic", "Sunset Boulevard", "Born Yesterday", "Stalag 17", "Sabrina", "Bridge on the River Kwai"...and the list goes on. "TCT" last night was a film I had never seen. Based in truth the story revolves round an American born naturalized Swede who is "compelled" to work/spy for the Allies against the Germans in the early years WWII. At first he is just trying to do a job but eventually starts to believe in the importance of his spying. A really good movie shot in many of the actual locations where the story took place. At 2+ hours it never felt tedious or long, I would highly recommend this film.

There you go sports fans -thanks again for stopping by. Wish me luck this evening. I am going downtown shopping tonight - and - getting into all the holiday crowds that seem to accumulate down around Union Square. Have a great weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Lovely new stash! The Sarah E Pope is spectacular. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Edgar! It's always nice to find OOP charts that you have been looking for. I love Sheepish too. Looking forward to seeing your new start on Sarah.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you purchased the Louisa M. Stephens sampler. It's a Canadian piece from Nova Scotia. I stitched mine up in 1993. If you don't already have it, a great sampler from Sheepish is their most wonderful Christmas piece. I stitched that one way back in 1994 as part of a wedding gift. Maria S. Waterloo, Ont., Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back. I think I see the Christmas sampler I mentioned in my earlier post. It's beside the Louisa piece. Right. You'll enjoy stitching both of them I most certainly. Ran across a note from Donna Bradford in the first issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine from 1983. I don't think she was publishing yet. That same issue has a wonder story about Ginnie Thompson. Maria S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've some lovely new stash there Edgar. The Sarah E Pope sampler looks really beautiful, will that be your next new start?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stash I love Sheepish Designs you have very good taste in designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edgar!

    I work with Rico and I wanted to thank you for the treats for Homie and homemade jam. Homie is going to LOVE the sushi rawhide and we can't wait to try the jam.

    Enjoy the holidays! Give those pooches a smooch for me...they are adorbale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stash. I do so love the feeling of getting that one chart you have been looking for.

    Can't wait to see your starts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edgar, glad that you found some charts you were looking for. Look forward to seeing Sarah stitched!! sometime next year!!

    Enjoy the Season

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting a recipe blog because I lost my copy of the pecan bundt cake recipe and needed it for a party. Not that I don't like re-reading your past posts but it probably took me longer to find it than it did to make it...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is always fun searching for those hard to find charts! Enjoy your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your finds! have you decided which to start first?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Edgar! What a sweet and generous sweethearet you are! It sure made my day to get your package! The white chocolate nut/cranberry yummy is gone! Can't wait to try to peach jam!
    Thanks baby!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...