Friday, April 15, 2011

HOE Quaker Ornament Arrives

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends the mail brought me a lovely Exchange piece yesterday.  As part of the HOE I joined in on the second round Ornament Exchange - the theme was a Quaker Ornament -and you know how I loves me some Quaker!! - so how could I pass!!  Yesterday my ornament arrived from my partner - all the way from Singapore - Ellen did a wonderful job on this exchange!!  Here is a snap ....


The design is from JCS 2006 by Ellen Chester - stitched on 32ct Vintage Mocha Belfast.  This was a no goodies exchange but sweet Ellen included a darling little porcelain thimble from Singapore, how cute is that!  I do thank you so very much Ellen, and it will look super on the tree this year!!! 

I got my ornament into the mail this morning - it should arrive in a few days as it hasn't that very far to go.

There you go sports fans - another week gone and two wonderful days off looming in front of us!!!  Have a great weekend and do stop by again.

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. What a fab ornie....great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mail day for sure! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ornie, Edgar! I just love swaps, in fact I am headed out to mail one now.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs from your Ma
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those mail days that include gifts. Sweet ornament and I really like the scalloped edge finish.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet ornament and thimble!! Definitely a great mail day!!

    And missed your post on your finished piece. It came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice - simplicity is refreshing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice ornament, sweet and simple like a Quaker should be. And the touches of green are a great addition. I missed Thursday to comment, but that old version of Lost Horizon is one of my favorites. I had a copy that I recorded from TCM years ago, but loaned it to my brother, who lost it while moving. Big sigh. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty ornament - I think that one of my favorite freebie charts!
    Have a lovely weekend guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet exchange, Edgar!!

    And I love your Hornbook finish...Lisa is definitely missed, such a sad event.

    Happy Stitchin'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the hornbook finish! It looks great!

    Sweet ornament--very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely ornament to receive in an exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice ornament! It sure did come a long way.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...