Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Dead Battery

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thank you so much for stooping by and for leaving such kind comments.  I do appreciate the time and trouble you take!
_________

As the post title says - I got one dead battery - so my camera was out of whack for a snap lat night.  I didn't realize it until I went and tried to get a couple of snaps of the Hornbook and my battery light was a'blinking.  So, I popped it out and plugged it into the recharger and will be able to get a snap this evening.
__________

Last night the flicker was "Clash by Night" - 1952 -starring Barbara Stanwyck, Paul Douglas, Robert Ryan and Marilyn Monroe.  A bit talky and stage bound in some scenes--but an interesting melodrama thanks mainly to the gripping performances of Stanwyck, Douglas and Ryan. Ryan would have made a great Stanley Kowalski in 'Streetcar' based on his drunk scene in this one. He can play a brute about as well as anyone and here he's quite an actor, matching Stanwyck's intense performance with a sturdy one of his own.Worth a look.
 ___________

There you go sports fans - Thanks again for stopping by , do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. There must be a "dead battery" virus going around. I went to pick up my dad from the hospital this morning and the battery in our vehicle died. Nope, didn't leave it running. Just decided not to crank over. LOL Hopefully yours heals quickly (I got a new one after picking him up).

    There have been a lot of great movies on lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend came over last night and DH noticed that her battery in the car was not turning over properly so advised to go and get a new one.
    So I now think the virus has gone worldwide as I am in Australia LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by to say hello. I love your blog! I've been on vacation for past 2 weeks and trying to get to the computer when I can. This week is all catch up at work. Hope your week gets better!!

    Jennifer
    Feathers in the Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't Barbara Stanwyk GORGEOUS when she was younger? My favorite with her was Ball of Fire - with yummy Gary Cooper!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...