Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Lovely Present, An Exchange and I just couldn't helpit!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I did want to thank you for all your warm comments and emails about yesterdays post.  Being a raving sentimentalist it is hard for me not to get a "verklumpt" about Christmas and my decorations.  I love the old and ratty over the new and shiny every time!!  I love the handmade over store bought, I am the biggest sucker for sweet and simple, and I haul out every year my steamer trunk of things from the past - as the Holiday season is a time to look back and remember.
__________

Yesterday the Mail brought me something really wonderful - Becky, who many of us know from the Blog world - is one to of the dearest people and I have been blessed to call her a dear friend for the past few years!!  She sent me a lovely gift from her heart -


Here it is nestled in with my other stitched pieces - a darling reindeer pillow-ette.  She knows how I love reindeer and this piece fits in so well with everything  - it is stitched and finished superbly!! Thank you so much!!!!
__________

As you all know I am a big Exchange Lover and I did a Private one with sweet Charity from over at "Lover of Cross Stitch."  We did an ornament exchange and here is a snap of the piece I made for her...


.... it is a Prairie Schooler chart from Book 10 "Prairie Christmas."  I just love Cardinals and red birds and this piece really spoke to me.  I included some treats along with the exchange and everything arrived safe and sound.
__________

Last night we ran out to do some last minute shopping and ended up at the Stonestown Mall.  We stopped by Macy's as they where having a super sale all over the store and ended up looking in the Christmas Decorations area.  With ornaments at 60% off how could I not look, not that I needed any more.... but I was jut looking.....  which turned into "I must have that!!"  Here is what I picked up...


.... a super Jim Shore Christmas Noah Santa.  When I got him home up on the tree he went.  I do love the Noah story and Jim Shore has some really great ornaments and things!!  Isn't he great...  next to him on the right is a little blue booty with the year 1996 - I bought that when my nephew was born.  To the left is a Santa Grinch ornament - I do love Dr Seuss and the Grinch story is a seasonal favorite....  and behind Noah is a blown glass chicken ornament - who doesn't love a sparkly chicken on a Christmas tree....  Yes I'm nuts!!!  Go figure!!
_____________


There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by.. do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

23 comments:

  1. Pretty ornaments, both bought and made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful exchange pieces and I love your Shore Noah Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful exchange goodies ... & love that Santa : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reindeer too and birds - both of these pieces are just gorgeous! I love the Santa you bought too. You can never have too many pretty ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky is a sweetheart, and I was drooling over that reindeer pillow when she posted it, LOL! Lucky you!!

    Love the PS ornie for your exchange; bet she loved it!

    Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have been able to pass up a Jim Shore deal either, LOL...love that Santa Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty birdie and reindeer. Santa looks so majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another amazing christmassy post full of eye candy!

    That pillow from becky looks so sweet nestled in there--and great job on the exchange you made, too.

    I understand about the ornament--the visual narrative on the "bell" of his robe is awesome! They really packed it all in there! Even though I now have "enough" (I am probably just over or just under too many ornaments), I am still always trolling for more--who can resist the "perfect" ornament!? And of course, there is always room for handmade/stitched ornaments, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stitched ornaments are beautiful, and your new Santa is fabulous.
    Why should't you have a chicken on your tree? I've got a dalek on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gift and exchange. I have a wonderful Jim Shore nativity set and a flying Santa on a sleigh that is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Becky is just the sweetest lady :) And her stitching and finishing is always so fantastic!

    I love your new acquired ornament. Last night after reading your post and looking at my tree I realized I needed more ornaments on my tree LOL Its not full enough.. Thanks for sharing take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Edgar and family, I love your exchanges and all the ornaments on the tree that are showing, I think having a chicken on the tree is a wonderful idea after all I have a pink chick from the 50's on mine.
    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't Becky a sweetheart? Beautiful present! Lovely exchange too. I love that Jim Shore Santa! Noah's Ark has a soft place in my heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful present from Becky! She is so talented. I just love that cardinal ornament--sooo pretty! Great new ornament, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sparkly chicken! We have a blowfish with a sparkly hat on our tree and everyone always comments on how strange but nice he is. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohhh that's lovely from Becky :) and the new santa is cute .... just love all your little ornaments including the chicken heheh.... take care love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both ornaments are gorgeous, love them!

    Love your Christmas Trees and all the trims!

    Happy Holidays!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becky is so generous and does such amazing finishing! I love both pieces you shared and your Noah is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Christmas enthusiasm is infectious! Glad I stopped by! Someday I hope to have a tree like yours, just full of ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Edgar - You are like me - each ornament on your tree has a story to tell! Love your cardinal - don't you wish we had 'em in this part of the world? And as I'm currently on a reindeer kick, I must check out Becky's wonderful stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty exchange ornaments.
    What do you think about this?
    http://espectadores.net/las-10-mejores-peliculas-navidenas-de-todos-los-tiempos/

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty ornies. They put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such wonderful exchange goodies! The cardinal ornament is very special and I love Becky's pillow ornie. Her stitching is amazing!
    Love your JS Santa too. I have several of his pieces that I have received as gifts over the years. I'm just starting to collect some of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...