Monday, September 10, 2012

A Monday Stitching Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends it was a low key cool weekend here by the Bay.  I thought this morning I would share some stitching - two pieces in fact, one and ongoing SAL and the other an Exchange piece.

First up let me show you the exchange piece that arrived.  I took part in the Fall exchange over at HOE and my partner was Stephanie over at Blue Star Stitcher.  I read on the HOE Blog that my package arrived so now I can show you what I sent.

I chose to make a large PynKeepe and sent along a stand for display.  The chart is from Prairie School #66 "Autumn Samplers."  I stitched the top part of the first sampler on a piece 32ct linen, I hand dyed to give it an aged look - using the recommended DMC floss.  Here is a snap of the the entire exchange I sent...

It was a fun Exchange to take part in and was the first of the Autumnal exchanges I did.
______________

The second piece of stitching is on the Cottage SAL - 
I finished up September and here is a snap of that...


As you can see I changed it up quite a bit from the way it was charted.  The most major change was the cottage itself - with so much red in this square it was a bit overwhelming - and if I wasn't stitching this as a single piece I might have left the red cottage, but this sits directly under June, which has lots of red and will sit above December, as of yet unpublished, but I am thinking more red there also.  I used CC "Queen Bee" as it reminded me of the great old colour "Harvest Gold.  Other changes include a modified attic window, the one charted was a bit on the large side for the space, I also did away with the floating flowers and added a bird. I am really happy with the changes.  The floss was also changed from DMC to over dyed - here are my changes:

DMC 349 - GAST Geranium
DMC 351 - GAST Rhubarb
CC Queen Bee for the Cottage
DMC 728 - WDW Marigold
DMC 3031 - CC Caterpillar
DMC White - DMC B5200
WDW Pecan
WDW Grasshopper

 Here is an over all shot of the Cottages Piece.


I started October, but will hold off on a picture until I finish it up.
________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

29 comments:

  1. Lovely exchange piece. Your hand dyeing gave it just the perfect touch. Love it.
    Your cottages looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Prairie Schooler as well as your Sept. house. Your color changes always look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric for the Pynkeepe looks great! What did you use to dye it with? I'd like to try my hand at that sometime! Love the houses too!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    What a great way to use part of that PS design. I love that leaflet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your exchange partner is very lucky -- what a great piece you sent, and the other goodies as well! And your September cottage is wonderful! Great colors! Love how the whole piece is looking as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great exchange package! Your finished piece came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. September looks so pretty in yellow gold and the detail on the window is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice exchange piece, I am always changing colors, I know some designers do not care for this....but since I am sure none will be dropping by for tea I feel safe. Can't wait to see completed .

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, I think your changes to the cottages look great. The whole piece is going to be fabulous when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie is one lucky lady! What a beautiful piece and wonderful goodies. I love the changes you made to September- I like the color changes better than the original charted- even if it's not near red. It's much more peaceful and fall-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your total cottage piece is looking great! The color changes are coordinating very well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Prairie Schooler piece! The houses are amazing too. So much great stitching going on at your place. I struggle to finish little bitty items. Just "out of the groove" lately, but your post is very inspting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling exchange you sent, Edgar! I'll bet your partner was tickled to death!
    I think you September house is the best of the bunch! I love the color and the attic window and birds are just perfect. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love "Clear Moon Frost Soon" - very nice Edgar. And your houses are looking wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful exchange! I love that Prairie Schooler leaflet.. will need to dig it out! :D Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely as usual, Edgar! I really like the pattern you used for the Pynkeepe, and the hand-dying you did to the fabric is perfect for it!

    The cottages are so pretty... can't wait to see the next!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow the cottages are really coming along and it looks great. What a wonderful sampler that is going to be.
    Great pinkeep too Edgar and I love the fabric you dyed it's perfect for that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great exchange package and I love what you did with the cottage. I saw it stitched with the colors that were called for and it was a lot of reds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the exchange piece, Edgar! What a lucky recipient. Your cottages are really coming right along too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see what you mean about there being too much red on that side; the house looks great in that color. Great finishing on that pinkeep too! Your cottages are going to look great once you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your finishing on the exchange piece is lovely!! I need to learn how to do flat finishes (especially flat folds). And the cottages are just gorgeous; your changes worked out great as always. Note to self: If I ever do this piece, do it 4x3 rather than 3x4 so I don't have to figure out how to change all those reds!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fabulous exchange!! I agree and do love that Queen Bee color.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving your progress on the cottages Edgar, I love the way you are personalising it to your likes and overall it will be quite unique to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. Totally just noticed that they designed the cottages to be stitched how you're arranging them (with the center one dead on and the sides leaning to the left and right).

    I am not quite as brave at substituting colors but I'm getting bolder!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooohhhhh......love your exchange piece! The way your aging turned out gives it the perfect look.
    Your cottage pieces are fabulous. Love the changes you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great exchange gift Edgar (I love the Snoopy fabric), and the cottages are looking fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great exchange, the pattern you chose is very pretty. Love the way cottages is shaping up all in a fabric

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful exchange you received!! I love your cottages and thanks for the shot of them all!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...