Friday, November 2, 2012

Stitchin' Along

Gentle Friends I did want to thank you for all you kind comments - they do warm the heart!!!
_______

Not much going on here by the Bay - I am stitching on an exchange piece that will go out next week, so I have no a snap of that yet to show. 

Something I can show that I am working ever so slowly is Erynne's "Merry and Bright" SAL.... and here's a snap of my tiny bit o'progress....


I am really enjoying this stitch, not only is the chart easy to follow and totally cute, but this Silkweaver linen is a dream to stitch on!!

Yesterday surfing around the Blog's I ran into another SAL headed up by The Thread Basket - the design is TourniCoton and is called "Charmant Joyeux Noel."  It is on the small side but looks to be a really fun piece to stitch.  Only 2 parts have been released so far.  I did a floss toss last night and here's what I came up with.....


The linen is a PTP piece of 32ct "Dill" - the called for linen is 32ct "Nougat" or "Cocoa."  This piece has a overall brownish cast to it, but I do like the incursions of green, and think it will add to the finished piece.  Although I pulled the recommend DMC Floss, I feel I may just have to switch them out for some delicious Belle Soie before starting to stitch...  wouldn't that be super!! 
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by and for your comments and emails!!!  Have a super weekend!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. I too have fallen for Erynne's Merry & Bright and downloaded the chart the other day. Now I have seen your start, it has definately made me want to kit it up faster.
    I shall look forward to your progress pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely start! Can't wait to see it move along : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar,
    Merry and Bright is looking great. I can't wait to see the colors you come up with for the Charmant Joyeux Noel. Thanks for another link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Merry and Bright progress so far... The fabric you chose for Joyeux Noel is lovely. Can't wait to see your start on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry & Bright is looking so good. I love the colors.... but I love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Merry and Bright is off to a good start. But I am even more intrigued by your Joyeux Noel fabric choice. I will be watching to see how that develops. I have a very similar fabric [Silkweaver's Ltd. Ed. Mississippi Mud] which I tried using for Alisandre Adelaide's Zucca and my floss toss looked just fine. But once I started stitching I had to admit that the fabric had hitherto unsuspected military ambitions. As the various oranges were actually stitched, the fabric began to look like jungle camouflage, more green than brown. I still haven't gotten around to frogging what I stitched. I love the fabric and would enjoy using it on something special. Sooooo, I shall be watching your progress very carefully to see how your colors work with a cocoa brown cum green background fabric. Maybe it will give me some tips on how to use my fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry and Bright is very cute - I have printed the pattern, but not sure when I will get to stitching. Thanks for the link to the other SAL - love the fabric you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, Edgar and that 32. Dill is delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry and Bright is looking good! I'm going to take a look at the other SAL. I'm doing the BBD Christmas Garden. It is big and I want it done by Dec. so that is taking all my stitching time. Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see more of Merry and Bright. Love all the colors in floss toss.
    I made your apple bars, boy were they a hit. I didn't have a lemon so my glaze was with milk and a little cinnamon.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely bright and jolly design you are stitching on...looking forward to watching it grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great progress. I am loving your progress. I can't stitch these myself right now so I am enjoying seeing this stitched up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those colors for your Christmas sampler! You stitch soooooo fast!!! need tips!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...