Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends we got out thrifting this weekend and there were a few fun finds, unlike the weekend before when there was nothing out there at all......  and that will happen, but it is a fun game of search and search for that elusive treasure.


... and the bits I found from l to r.... another Blue & White "Dutch" stoneware bowl, now I've got two of these, hand painted transfer ware, I just wish I could find out how old this sucker is, three great DVD's, AYBS Collection Series 1-5, we love this show and watch whenever it comes on, and it's on quite a bit, "The Santa Clause" a great three movie franchise, I didn't have this 1st one now I need to find the third and I'll have the set, and the Rosemary Clooney DVD, songs from her TV shows in 1956 and 57 with interviews from her children, Her nephew, George Clooney and her brother Nick, a great DVD of a wonderful singer!!  I found this super "bright cut" piece of glass and when I got to the counter it was on sale and was 1/2 price, now the sticker said $4, so how could I have miss at $2 (Just a side note - we also stopped a Bed Bath and Beyond and they had their Christmas glass things out on display and the price for a very inferior NEW glass dish of about the same size was priced at $39.99, just goes to show you that there are some bargains to be found)....... and a book about WWII from D-Day to a few months after the war -  and the impact it made on the civilians as both armies fought it out - across the fields, farms and cities of Europe.

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Aww such sweet funds...
    So pretty
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa Clause is such a great Holiday movie, I watch it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love The Santa Clause. Sadly, my husband doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so LOVE thrifting too. You found some great things on your trip. Sweet!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. The dish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are You Being Served is one of my all time favorite shows. It is funny every time I see it, no matter how many times I have seen the episode.
    I'm Freeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am a big fan of AYBS; I have the first nine or so episodes on VHS, which are sadly in storage. I do have the complete DVD set on my Amazon wish list though. I love most of the BBC Britcoms; some of my other favs are Blackadder, Waiting for God, The Vicar of Dibly, Black Books (or something like that)...there are too many to list! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...