Monday, December 30, 2013

A Stitchity Update.....

Gentle Friends the week just flew by.... whoosh..... and now it is once again Monday morning!!   This will also be an odd week as we have a short day tomorrow, off on Wednesday and then two "short handed days" will round out my week, so I am not sure what kind of posts I will have, but I'll do my best.  

One of my really great prezzies this year was a new laptop from Rico.  One of my rules of life is to never touch the computer at home, in the evenings and never, ever on the weekend, but now that I have a slim, lightweight, lap fitting, easily used toy and it is so accessible, I may just have to start Blogging in the evenings after work and over the weekends, who knows...... I have noticed the last few days that playing with my new toy has cut into my stitching time..... it is a fun distraction and so handy!!!

Even with a new toy, I got some stitching done on the Christmas Band Sampler.....
 here's an updated snaperoo....


I am a bit further along than this picture, but you get the idea.  I stitched the left hand side vine to the end, to see if I was going to run out of linen, I am mighty close, but since I am not stitching the numbers along the bottom I will be fine.  This is a totally fun piece to stitch and I am enjoying it immensely!!
____________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

20 comments:

  1. YAY!! You're back :) I hope you and Rico had a wonderful Christmas and will have a safe and happy New Year.

    WOW! I love this sampler. Will you frame it? Do you frame all your stitchies?? You do beautiful work.

    Enjoy your new toy but don't get "obsessed" with it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas Band Sampler is coming along nicely. I love the colors! Don't use your new toy new much at home...you will spend too much time looking at stitchy WIP's and finishes, then want to buy them all LOL
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar, your stitching is lovely! And I'm sure that the computer is cutting into your stitching time...its doing it to mine right. now. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new toy! I received a tablet for Christmas and it has cut into my time as well so I understand where you are coming from! I love the band sampler - can I ask are there a lot of speciality stitches in this piece? It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this band sampler is just crazy pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sampler - enjoy your laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice present!! I was on the computer a lot when I first got it, but have really cut back to maybe a couple of hours on the weekend. Wonderful progress on the Christmas Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree that having a laptop totally interferes with stitching time. I love your Christmas Band Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress on the Christmas Band Sampler. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching, Edgar! Love my iPad but it definitely takes time from stitching! Happy New Year to you and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying so hard to get this Band Sampler (my modified version) done before the new year. I had made some intentional changes, then realized today there are some unintentional ones, too! I used to say that about the computer, too. It will grow on you and won't take too much of your 'free'time.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, yeah, yeah... computers DO take away from stitching time--for Sure! But sometimes we need a bit of inspiration! I have the Heartstring Samplery Christmas Band Sampler out, to be added to my rotation. I do love it also! Loved your movies... have seen most of them, love quite a few (mostly black and white!). Great minds... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so beautiful! I'm really loving watching this one develop. Watch out with the laptop. Very dangerous -- way too handy to just keep on your lap while you're stitching. Ask me why I know. lolol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You WIP is just beautiful!! What a great gift. A very Happy New Year to you and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gift! Cheers to Rico for feeding your bloggy habit! :)
    Beautiful sampler - colors are delish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Edgar: I hope you had a beautiful Christmas, love the sampler.

    Happy Newyear

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Christmas Band Sampler is so pretty!

    Nice gift from Rico! :-) It is amazing how time spent on the laptop just zips by. I too often think of how much stitching I could have accomplished. Today I am spending time on my laptop creating an inventory list of all my cross stitch charts...2014 is my year to get organized.

    I hope that you, Rico, and the furry kids had a wonderful Christmas. All the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the band sampler!

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christmas Bans Sampler looks gorgeous! Who is the designer, so it can go directly to my Wish List!!
    A very Happy New Year to you, Rico and The Hounds.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...