Saturday, December 7, 2013

Addendum to My 17 Christmas Films List

Gentle Friends I wanted to add a few more fun titles to my list of Films, those additions are some  "made for TV Specials".  During the month of December and even earlier the TV waves (cable) is inundated with tons of Christmas viewing opportunities - some good, some bad, some really bad and some excellent.  I wanted to mention a few of the excellent ones....  at least in my book they are excellent!!  There are 3 cartoons and an made for TV film on this list.........

The first two cartoon specials are ones I've been watching at Christmas for as long as I can remember -


 "A Charlie Brown Christmas"  - 1965 - a true Christmas classic if there ever was one.  It usually plays a couple of times during the season - read about it HERE - and ....


...Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"  - 1966 - the other classic from the 1960's.  You can read bout this TV special HERE.  

The third is a modern special I fell in love with the first time I saw it.....


... "Olive, the Other Reindeer" - 1999 - a story based on the book by Vivian Walsh.  You can read about the TV Special HERE.  It's all about hope and the magic of Christmas!!

The last on this "extra list" is a real "Made for TV Movie".....


......  "The Homecoming: A Christmas Story" - 1971 - this was the series pilot for the "Walton's" TV show and although some of the main characters were played by different actors once the series began, this film is top notch and so heartfelt and warm it'll melt marshmallows!!!  I love this film and especially Patricia Neal (who was replaced by Michael Learned as Ma Walton in the TV show).  You can read all about the Walton's HERE.

I hope you like this little additional list of things to see, stop back on Monday as I am planning a little Christmas Gift-a-way!!!  Thanks for stopping by on the weekend.

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. OMG! I loved the Waltons! I think I saw that Christmas one. Oh, they were the best. Sigh. And all the others are favorites of mine too! lolol! Love them all! Got the Olive book for my son when he was little. :D Loved the TV special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Charlie Brown and little snoopy dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know someone else loves the holiday cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your Christmas movies. I still like the Grinch cartoon better than the movie. I spent many years watching the Waltons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these animated specials! I haven't seen the one with Olive yet, but I'm going to hunt for it on the DVR onscreen guide in a few minutes.
    I remember watching "Homecoming" as a child, but I never realized it was the origin for "The Walton's" before!
    I need to see if I can find a copy of that to watch again. I love Patricia Neal. Thanks for sharing these, Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe The Homecoming!! Loved that movie but I still enjoy watching the Waltons on a Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie Brown is indeed a Christmas must see : ) I also agree with you about The Homecoming! It's a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...