Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Film #3

Gentle Friends, the film in the #3 Slot is what many consider a modern Christmas classic - the movie....


....."Elf" - 2003 - starring Will Farrell, James Caan, Edward Asner, Bob Newhart, Zooey Deschanel and Mary Steenburgen.  The story in a nutshell is.... a human, played by Farrell, raised at the North Pole by elves  finds out he is not an "elf" but human.  He sets off on a quest to find his real father in New York, played by Caan.  He gets a job at Gimbals, and in a mail room and has adventures in the Big City, as only an Elf can. Here's a little something to remember from the film.....  "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."  A really fun, often silly film that is great for all ages - it often plays during the Season, so give it a look.
_______________

I will leave you with a who hound snap.......

......  yesterday we went Christmas shopping after work and I bought a really super "faux" fur throw and within seconds of unwrapping it her majesty, the Peach, found a lovely soft, warm spot!!!!! 

That about wraps it up for the week sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. I like the movie Elf too! Your fur throw is so pretty - I don't blame the who hound for curling up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Elf movie!

    Awww she looks so cozy on Daddy's throw!

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bed for the "pups", it's good to spoil our pets Edgar. Have a great Christmas and a Happy 2014 when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband just sent me this link to a BBC story about "overlooked" Christmas movies, and I thought you'd enjoy it. You've already picked one on it. (And my favorite, Desk Set, made the list.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just watching that movie yesterday with Em. My husband despises it and was appalled when he discovered that I had the DVD after we got married (he got rid of his copy). Em and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the who hound shot. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Peach thought Santa brought her a gift early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart Peach! I bet that is soft and cosy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite movies!! Love the who hound with , might I add, very good taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the film but Miss Peach has
    my heart that tongue is super adorable.

    Merry Christmas.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peach looks so sweet sitting on her new throw. "Elf" is a favorite in our house during the holidays.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like Miss Peach has found the perfect spot for winter! Merry Christmas to you, Rico, and the hounds!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...