Monday, December 16, 2013

Some Winners and we're at #7 with "Holiday Inn"

Gentle Friends let me begin the week with some winners..... I had Rico and the Who Hounds draw the names and they are.....Nancy - "Charlie Brown Christmas," Paula - "Polar Express," Kevin - "White Christmas," and Barb - "Bishops Wife" - I've sent out notification emails and will pop the DVD's into the mail when I get the addresses.  Thank you all for your entering the Gift-a-Way!!
____________

We're at the #7 Film today and that will be ...........


..."Holiday Inn" - 1942 - starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire - and although not focused on Christmas probably the most famous Christmas song there is originated in this film....  "White Christmas."  In s a nutshell from IMDB the story is..."At an Inn which is only open on holidays, a crooner and a hoofer vie for the affections of a beautiful up-and-coming performer."    Each section of the film as it progresses, opens with a calendar and the Holiday and is followed by a production number, some more effective than others, but as a whole really a charming film. 
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Love this movie...
    congratulations to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to win A Charlie Brown Christmas! I sent you an email with my address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! Winner, winner, Chicken dinner .... ER, I mean "Whire Christmas! ". I'm so excited'. Thank you so much, Edgar (and Rico and Who-hounds, too, of course!) You made my morning, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Holiday Inn. Thanks for share it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love today's pick, my all time favorite Christmas movie! Always cry at the end when she sings White Christmas and realize Bing is there! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Peach preserves! Oh boy, do I go for those! Why, they're great on.... Or even plain!"

    This is a not-uncommon quote in our house (not necessarily for peach preserves but for any food we're not sure about). That, and any time anyone says "Connecticut", the response is always, "How can I when I do not know which way is Connecticut??" LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I said in my email, Edgar you made my Monday morning!We love The Bishop's Wife! White Christmas is such a classic. I'm old enough to remember Bing singing it on a Christmas special many years ago!(Of course , I was a very young girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this one! lol! A true classic for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOliday Inn is one of those which makes me remember my dear grandmother. :)

    I completely agree that some of the numbers are more effective than others!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! Can't wait to show our little one The Polar Express. I haven't received your email......hope I didn't delete it by accident. Could you please email me again?

    Paula
    paulawiggins8@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...