Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Little Pie

Gentle Friends, we were invited to a friends house for dinner on Saturday night, and I offered to bring a dessert.  At a Fruiteria we had stopped at on Tuesday I remembered they had bags of real Key Limes.... so I knew I wanted to make a delicious Key Lime pie.  I had read a super easy recipe back in March on "Southern Bite" from a great Blog run by Stacy, it seemed that all the pieces fell into place.....

So we stopped and picked up some Key Limes...

I ground up some graham crackers for the crust....

... pulled out my trusty old pie pan...

 ... squeezed the limes....

 ...and poured, one quick bake later... et voila, one dleicious pie!!

 It was a hit, so tangy and tasty - no wonder it's the Official Pie of Florida!!!


It's really a super pie for the Summer, and even with the temps hovering in the high 50's all weekend, I know it's hot and Summery somewhere!!
__________________________

Tha't about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. A big favorite of mine "real key lime pie"...not that green stuff calling it self key lime pie. Looks yummy and here in New England where it is still in the 90"s and humidity on the rise , I could really enjoy a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. I have a reamer that looks just like the one in your picture. I love using it as it gets the maximum possible juice from the citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those cool temps! It's over 100 in Alabama. Key lime is my favorite and yours looks delish! Thanks for another spectacular recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pie looks really yummy--with a few more pies you might have your pie plate broken in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum!! And I love that pie pan too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Rico fat? No, no....I'm kidding. I'm sure I would be way, way overweight hanging around you. This pie looks so good. I'm the 'take it or leave it' type when it comes to key lime pie but I'd have to have a slice of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohh, think of the combination of the tangy pie with the crust makes me drool

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks AMAZINGLY delicious!! If you've ever been to Key West, it's quite amusing how every restaurant/cafe claims to have THE best Key Lime pie. We always get a chuckle out of that and have had both "winners" and some less than par upon our visits there. Yours definitely looks like the winning variety!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...