Monday, November 20, 2017

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, focusing on the stitching I've been doing for the past couple of weeks.... 

As you may remember I've been working on "A Yuletide Welcome"... well, that wasn't coming along as I had planned. After finishing up the border, I started working on the grassy area and the more I stitched the less I liked what I was stitching and how it was turning out.... until I finally just didn't want to work on it anymore. So I stopped stitching, folded it up and put it away until I can either make it work, frog what I have stitched or just toss the piece out.....

Now, with "Yule" not getting any more attention I pulled out "HEIOTS" and jumped back in on stitching the border..... 


.... sorry about the wrinkles, here's where I left off when I decided what I was going to work on........
___________________

So, while I stitched away on HEIOTS I thought about what I wanted to work on over the next month or so.... I had already done quite a bit of looking through the "Christmas/Holiday" stash heap and kinda had an idea what I wanted to stitch so it really just came down to making a decision.... and that dear Freinds was to start on a great piece by Blackbird Designs called "Christmas Garden."  It's a really lovely piece from one of my favorite designers!!  Here's a snap of where I am at the moment...


... I am stitching this piece on 36ct Navy Bean and have converted the recommended floss to colors I like better but are still within the color palette.  I love this border as it is very much like a sampler I stitched back in 2013 called "Mary Hutton" from Scalet Letter.
___________________

There you go sports fans thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. You have made good progress on the border of His Eye. Nice start on Christmas Garden; sorry the Yule piece wasn't doing anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that border as well. I have HEIOTS but I haven't gather up the where-with-all to start such a large piece yet. That may quickly change as I see your progress. Glad you are back to posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have pieces that are sitting folded up waiting for us to get there to sort them out. The Blackbird design one will be just fab, I recently added it to my stash. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, you have a great start on the borders. My friend Jane just finished "sparrow" and it is a beautiful sampler. Another friend stitched the Blackbird Christmas sampler and it is also a beautiful sampler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar. It looks like you've chosen two LARGE pieces of stitching. I like both of your borders, and think they look great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the new Blackbird border and your keen choice of colors....
    I am just finishing up my Christmas "promises" for gift giving and will watch your progress on that sampler to see if I am up to it...
    My last one was one you inspired a few years ago,..
    Blessed Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wise choice Edgar. I keep Christmas Garden up all year. I stitched an alphabet at the bottom instead of the words Christmas Garden. They are pretty but I thought the alphabet gave me more flexibility with the piece staying out all the time. If you are at all interested, I'd be happy to share info on the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Edgar: Sometimes just putting a project away for a while is good, who knows it may call your name to get back to stitching it.
    You Sir have picked a beautiful design to stitch.
    I am looking forward to your Progress.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Catherine and the Clan

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...